Frequently Asked Questions...
What is the Rocky Mountain Illini Club?
We are a regional supplemental chapter of the University of Illinois Alumni Association. We welcome alumni and friends of all three campuses of the University of Illinois. We host social events, cultural outings, alumni networking, student recruitment, and community service activities in the Rockford area!!
How is the Club related to the University of Illinois Alumni Association?
The Alumni Association provides direction for our Club. The Club maintains its own membership list and sponsors it own activities. We e mail all eligible alumni regardless of membership level, and all alumni are invited and encouraged to participate in any events.
What is the difference between registering on the site (i.e. joining our distribution list) and becoming a member of the Rocky Mountain Illini Club?
Registering on our site is FREE and involves providing a small amount of contact information. After registration, and assuming that you have selected to receive Club emails, you will receive regular emails from us announcing new events.
Becoming a member of the Rocky Mountain Illini Club involves paying annual dues and providing your contact information. Members may receive discounted prices and preference for tickets to Club events, access to any Sponsor discounts, access to Rocky Mountain area job listings, and access to the Rocky Mountain Illini Club membership directory. Details of member benefits can be found on the Member Benefits tab. We expect that the value members receive more than equals the small annual price of membership.
How do I register on the site (i.e. join our distribution list)?
- Click the "New user, registration is FREE" link in the upper left hand corner of the Home page.
- Enter your email address, and first and last name.
- Complete the visual validator exercise.
- Click "Join". A temporary password will be emailed to you within the next several minutes.
How do I become a member of the Rocky Mountain Illini Club?
- Click the Membership link on the navigation bar on the Home page and select "Join."
- Choose the membership level you'd like to purchase. Click the "Continue" button.
- Enter your email address, and choose a nickname (screen name)
- Fill out your billing information
- Click "Confirm"
- Double check the information and click "Submit."
That's it! You're now a member. You will then receive a welcome email message and a temporary password. Please use the temporary password to log in for the first time, and change your password to something memorable.
Once I become a member, how do I know when my membership expires?
The new website tracks the date of membership or membership renewal. Memberships are for one year from the date of purchase or membership renewal.. To assist you with keeping track of your membership, when you are logged in, the expiration date of your membership is displayed on the homepage "Home" in a box titled "Important Stuff" (located at the top, on the left side of the homepage, directly beneath the horizontal navigation bar).
My user ID and password do not seem to work, what should I do?
Your user name is the email address you used to register for rockymountainillini.com. If you can't remember your password, click on the ''Forgot your password'' link on the log-in page and we will send it to the email address you used to register for this website.
What kinds of social events do we offer?
We try to offer a variety of programs since we have such a diverse membership. Some highlights include:
- Cultural events at local attractions, including theaters, gardens, and museums
- Local sporting events, Rockies, Avalanche and Nuggets Games, ski trips, hike and bike trips, other participation sports, Big Ten Picnic, Big Ten Flag Football , etc
- Fighting Illini Football and Basketball watching at sports bars in Denver and Boulder
- Annual dinner featuring a speaker from the University of Illinois
How often do we have events?
About once a month.